Sport: 5 Pin Bowling
District: North West
- What other sports do you participate in? Swimming, Rhythmic Gymnastics, Soccer, Former Cheerleader
- What do you hope to accomplish while competing at the National Games? To compete with my fellow athletes, make new friends and increase my skill level.
- Describe your most memorable sports accomplishment with Special Olympics. Competing in the Provincial swimming competition for the first time in Guelph. I met many new friends and worked very hard.
- What other hobbies or activities do you do? Volunteer with St. Johns Ambulance during training sessions as the injured person. I work at Pinecrest, our local nursing home for older adults. I am a hydration specialist and I go around the home and offer water to elders so that they stay hydrated and healthier for longer. I love music and can tell the name and artist just as soon as the music starts to play. I often identify with movie and TV characters and famous people. I can often sound and behave just like them and will quote them word for word. It’s just pretending but I like it.I love to go fishing and I am very good at catching fish.I am native and like to participate in Pow Wow’s as a Jingle dancer. I also enjoy other parts of my culture.
- Who is your hero? And why? Patrick Chan is one of my very best hero’s. He is a figure skater. I have watched him at the Olympics and figure skating competitions. He inspires me to work very hard to get better. He practices a lot and that is one of the reasons he is so good.
- How would you like to say thank you to our sponsors? I am very grateful to people and groups that help with Special Olympics. They work very hard so we can participate in our favourite sports and be the best we can be. I know that with out their help it would be too expensive to join and play and compete. Thank you for helping us be the best we can be, for letting us grow, compete and meet awesome people.