District: North East
Community: Manitoulin Island
- What other sports do you participate in? Baseball, Track/Field, Curling, Floor Hockey, Golf
- What do you hope to accomplish while competing at the National Games? I would like to hopefully improve my personal best times, even by a bit, while winning Gold medals. I would like to meet new people when I go to the Provincials. I would like to qualify to move on to the Nationals in 2020. I would like to meet new friends at the Provincials.
- Describe your most memorable sports accomplishment with Special Olympics. The best moment was when I won Gold at the Provincials in snowshoeing at North Bay, it was so cold, but I finished my race with lots of ice on my beard. I loved playing at the Provincial Floor Hockey tournament in Ottawa. It was so very hot in that huge gym. It was great meeting new people though. Also, going to Newfoundland to compete at the Nationals in 2016 was a fantastic experience. I got really sick on the last 2 days there. I remember how hard it was to compete in my races, but I still won 2 bronze medals and was proud of myself, that’s what being “brave in the attempt” is all about. I was so honoured to win “Male Athlete of the Year” for Special Olympics Ontario in 2016. Lots of great memories with all the sports I do!
- What other hobbies or activities do you do? I work at 2 jobs and love the people I work with, we have lots of fun. I like snowmobiling, boating, biking, cutting grass, hanging out with my friends, cutting firewood with my dad, helping out on my farm with my chickens and horses as well as helping my parents at our Lakehouse rental. I like going on holidays with my family.
- Who is your hero? And why? My sister Alexa is my hero because she helps me with my physio exercises, she makes me happy when I see her, she has helped train me along the way with track and snowshoeing, she’s fun to be around, she works hard at her schooling to become a Physiotherapist so that makes me want to work hard at my sports and things I do in my life. I love her lots.
- How would you like to say thank you to our sponsors? I would like to thank Special Olympics sponsors that have helped me be able to participate at different sporting events. Being part of Special Olympics helps me stay healthy and happy. A big shout out of THANKS to those who make my sporting life lots of FUN!