Sport: Speed Skating
Community: Greater Durham
- What other sports do you participate in? Soccer
- What do you hope to accomplish while competing at the National Games? Travel to a new place. Participate in the opening ceremony. Spend time with my team mates. Competing with athletes from across Ontario. Stay in the athletes village. Hopefully win a medal.
- Describe your most memorable sports accomplishment with Special Olympics. Moving from the learn to skate program to the speed skating team. Getting faster at every competition. I won the most improved skater for 2017/2018 on my team. Competing at the provincial qualifier.
- What other hobbies or activities do you do? Play soccer, horseback riding, swimming, riding my 3 wheel bike. Watch car races like NASCAR and Formula 1. Attending sporting events (Blue Jays, Argo’s, WolfPack, Oshawa Generals, Toronto Rock)
- Who is your hero? And why? Sandra was my high school teacher for 6 years. She is very nice, we talk about different things like the Blue Jays. She taught me lots of things and made me feel like I could do anything. We went to lots of places I was never at before. Sandra offered me a job as a lunchroom supervisor when I finished high school. I really like seeing Sandra and my old classmates every week.
- How would you like to say thank you to our sponsors? Thank you for supporting me in attending the Provincial Olympic Games, I feel like a professional athlete on TV. I am looking forward to competing and trying my best.